Friday, 13 November 2015

Growing Wings by Fliss Goodwin

 

Hi there, my Brushos have come out to play again this week for a bright and cheery journal page featuring my lovely new Monarch butterfly stamp, which I couldn’t wait to ink up.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Ingredients: 


Distress Inks – Ripe Persimmon, Twisted Citron, Hickory Smoke
Brusho Crystals – Orange, Lemon, Gamboge, Yellow Ochre, Lime Green
Sponge Applicator or Cut ‘n’ Dry Foam
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Big Chat Stickers

 

Recipe: 


I coloured the journal page with the Brusho Crystals, sprinkling on all of the colours except the orange. I added them in random patches and then misted the page with water. I turned the page sideways and let the colours run. They formed fairly loose stripes, which I rather like.
 

When the page was dry, I used the butterfly stencil with the Ripe Persimmon Distress ink to add the butterflies in the top right hand corner. I stamped on the spiky floral image with the Twisted Citron Distress ink, followed by the cross-stitch design with the Hickory Smoke ink.
 

Stamp the Monarch butterfly on stamping paper with the black ink. I then used the orange and yellow ochre Brusho Crystals as paint by misting them with water on an acrylic block. I checked on the internet for the colours as I wanted mine to be as authentic as possible!
 

I cut the butterfly out and glued it to the page in the bottom left hand corner. I then used the black stickers to add my chosen text to the page. 
 

I hope my journal page will encourage you to break out the Brushos too!

 

Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 

Fliss x

7 comments:

  1. Lovely lime background with Brusho, beautiful and happy page Fliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background with yummy colours and the big butterfly is wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous a touch of sun on this grim day

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Summery page Fliss! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what we need on a day like today, lovely cheery page
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful tonic for the weather that we are suffering!
    Bright, cheerful colours... so beautiful.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely bright and cheerful - much needed in the midst of all this grim grey dampness!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...