Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Getting the Brusho’s Out by Amanda Southern


Hi Everyone

I love the internet for all the crafty inspiration it gives you there are just so many talented people out there. I am sure regular follows of this blog will have also realised how much I love the stamps of Carabelle Studio, they have so many talented designers all producing their own style of stamps. One such designer is the uber talented, mixed media artist, Birgit Koopsen. This technique I saw on her blog and loved the results so thought I would have a go at it.
 
 
 
 
 
  
 

Here’s what I did:-

 

I started with a piece of mixed media card and lightly misted it with water, I then sprinkled on a selection of bright coloured Brusho's to create a multi coloured background. I then left it to dry finishing it off with my heat gun to ensure that the Brusho was completely dry before moving onto the next stage.
 
I then inked up the large (A5) stamp 'Balloon Flowers' with Versamark ink and stamped onto my background. I then heat embossed with ultra fine clear embossing powder. I then did the same around the edges with ‘Circles & Dots’ stamp. (both of these stamps are designed by Birgit Koopsen)
 
When the embossing powder was cool I layered on more Brusho this time using 2 darker colours and allowed it to dry naturally. I didn’t go to the edges as I wanted some of the original and white card to show through.
 
Once dry I polished off any Brusho colour that had dried on top of the embossing. I added some splashed of water into the centre of the flowers and removed some of the colour with a piece of kitchen towel.
 
I added the words using white detail embossing powder, lining them up so they ran up the stalks.
 
Onto a separate piece of white super smooth paper I stamped and cut out the 2 origami birds and added them to my piece. A couple of torn pieces of washi tape finish this off.
 
All was then mounted onto black cardstock and added to an 8 x 8 card blank.
 
I really like the result of this so will play some more with this technique, I hope you’ll have a go too.
 
 
 
Here you can see a close up of this technique.
 
 

What I Used:-

 

Carabelle Studio Stamps:- Balloon Flowers, Circles and Dots, Inspire, Hope, Dream all designed by Birgit Koopsen
Brusho Crystals in various colours
Fine Detail Embossing Powder:- Clear and White
8 x 8 Card Blank 
 
 
 
Hope you feel inspired to try this technique as I was seeing Birgit using it.
 
See you next Tuesday
 
Love
 
Amanda X
 

5 comments:

  1. What a great work of art, I really love it, I'm in love with all those beautiful stamps of Carabelle studio!! and your work is just gorgious!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful technique Amanda! Love this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab technique and a lovely make

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the brushos, such vibrant colours.
    You made great use of them.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really interesting technique and the results are so cool.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...