Monday, 2 November 2015

Butterfly Shimmer by Moira Sutton










I stamped the main image from the set in Versamark added the detail embossing powder and heat set. 






I did this once before using ordinary, not detail, embossing powder and you can see it does not give as clean an image.







I then painted my image with the Cosmic Watercolours, I was not looking for perfect “colouring in” rather pools of colour that blended and moved. 


I cut my paper to 9.5 x 20.5 cm and adhered to a DL card blank.


What I love about using Cosmic Shimmer Watercolours on Watercolour paper is you can really move the paint around and apply lots of water and blend easily as the paper is so forgiving and when dry just love that shimmer. You could go further with the shimmer if you wanted adding bling or glitter but I like the way the sheen works as is. Unfortunately the photograph does not do the shimmer justice. 



Moira

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Moira and love those colours you chose.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours and embossing work beautifully together!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab colour combo Moira
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty Moira, hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...