Thursday, 12 November 2015

An Early Decoration by Debs Wainwright


Hello everyone, I have a very easy Christmas decoration to share with you today. It can be hung on the tree, or hung on door handles, or you could make several of them in different sizes and hang them from the lights at different heights.








This is what I did 


I took an 8x8 piece of card and scored a four inch square in the centre. I then scored another line ½ bigger than the first lines. Cut and fold as shown in the picture.








I folded the card and inked the face in a couple of colours, once dry I added the tree by using crackle paste through the stencil.









I didn’t want cracks; if you heat the paste until hot it pops into bubbles.








Using a spray paint with gold mica I sprayed at the top of the tree and let it drip down the tree adding colour between the bubbles.








To finish I added gilding wax around the edges and on top of the bubbles.


I then assembled the box using glue. Due to the size it needs a back which is a piece of card cut 4x4 decorate any way you wish and stuck on to match the front.



What I used


Treasure Gold – PaperArtsy



I hope I have inspired you to make some decorations, take care and I'll see you soon


Debs xx

6 comments:

  1. Fab decoration Debs loving the bubbly texture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Debs and the tree looks amazing!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great texture on this
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, this is lovely and so elegant.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...