Tuesday, 24 November 2015

A Finger Painted Canvas by Amanda Southern


Hi everyone
Today I have a 6” x 6” deep canvas for you.
 
 

And all the paint has been applied using a tool that we all own, fingers!

 

 

Here’s what I did:-


First I added, using gel medium, some Tim Holtz washi tapes from his Idea-ology range. I then added cracked texture paste through the small squared stencil. Once that was all dry I then applied PaperArtsy paints, I chose only translucent colours so no application of colour was painted out by another. These paints were layered up by applying the paint with my fingers to get a random look. Using your fingers also means you can move the paint around easier, well I think you can.

I then added a little more stencilling using Tim Holtz stencils and a splash of white paint applied using an old credit card.
 

Here you can see the texture and colours
 
 
 
 
 
 
I then stamped my image onto a piece of tissue paper using black Archival ink. On the reverse of the tissue paper I coloured just the face using Spectrum Noir pencils. I then tore out my image, it’s always much better to tear as you get a much more blended edge to your piece when you add it to your canvas using matt medium. This is the best way to transfer your stamped images as it is quite difficult to achieve a good image directly onto the canvas, if you can do it respect!
 
 

 

 


Here you can see just the image and you can’t see the tissue paper at all. You will also notice I have added an old earring to give her a touch of bling!
 
As this is a deep canvas the sides are also included in the design.
 
 
 
 
 
Finally the additional sentiment is from Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker book.

 

What I Used:-

 
6” x 6” Deep Edge Canvas
Tim Holtz Washi Tapes
Carabelle Studio Stencil - Damier Grunge
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints - Tangerine Twist, Limelight, Beach Hut, South Pacific, Zesty Zing & London Bus (Translucent colours)
Tim Holtz Stencils - Chevron, Dot Fade
Old Credit Card
Fingers

 
Hope you like it and have a good remedy for getting paint out of your nails if you decide to have a go.
 
Love
 
Amanda X

 

6 comments:

  1. Completely amazing Amanda! So colourful and full of grungy detail. You must be a right miss messy fingers now!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh!!! That's gorgeous Amanda! I love using my fingers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have run out of words, it is utterly fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I absolutely love this!
    The layers of stencilling, the beautiful use of colour, it is exceptional.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer! This is an absolutely stunning canvas, Amanda! Texture, colour, grungy detailing - I love it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...