Friday, 16 October 2015

Someone To Watch Over You by Fliss Goodwin


Hi there, I’ve got some altered artwork to share this week with one of the lovely new substrate items now available in the shop, this being a door hanger using one of the fab new Dinky Stencils for the background.





 


Ingredients: 


Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue – Crystal
Scrap of Blue Cardstock
Watercolour Pencils – I used Prima Julie Nutting Hair and Skin Tones
Highly Pigmented Colouring Pencils such as Spectrum Noir
Soft Drawing Pencil

 
 

Recipe:

 

Paint the door hanger with a couple of coats of the Vintage Lace acrylic paint and allow to dry thoroughly – this won’t take long. Next use the stencil to add showers of stars all over the surface with the blue paint. I found it best to use the multi surface paint because it gave good coverage over the fresco finish acrylic.
 

When the paint was completely dry, I painted glitter glue on the largest stars to add a bit of sparkle – I wanted to make my door hanger quite girly as I had a little girl in mind when the idea came to me.
 

Stamp the angel and the wings on stamping paper using the grey ink and colour with the pencils. I used the lovely Prima Julie Nutting pencils for her skin and hair as these have gorgeous colours in the set. I used the pigmented pencils for the wings and feathers on her dress using light strokes in shades of pink, blue and mauve.
 

I used a lace border die to cut a border from blue card. I covered the border with embossing ink and then heat embossed it with the crystal powder for even more sparkle. I glued this at the base of the door hanger to form a pretty edge.


I finished off the hanger by adding the angel and her wings with foam pads for a slightly 3D effect.
 
 

Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 

Fliss x

8 comments:

  1. Wow Fliss I love your door hanger, beautiful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfection Fliss, lovely creation ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so incredibly pretty and the pencils work looks like it has a sheen on it, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very pretty and delicate. Gorgeous use of the doorhanger.
    WIshes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...