Friday, 2 October 2015

Scribbly Christmas Masterboard by Fliss Goodwin


Hi there, I thought I should get started on my Christmas cards now it’s October otherwise I’ll never get them all done in time! I decided to make a masterboard so that I can produce a small batch of cards easily and decided on the tree theme as I’ve just got my creative mitts on the new Sissix Tim Holtz Woodland die set.
 
 

 

 

Ingredients: 


DecoArt Fluid Acrylic Paint – Yellow Green Light, Green Gold
Brusho Crystals – Leaf Green, Lime Green, Gamboge
Distress Inks – Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles, Twisted Citron
Paper Towels

 

Recipe:

 

I used a piece of mixed media paper to make my masterboard. I coloured it in layers, the first made by adding a small amount of each of the fluid acrylics to a spray bottle, then adding some water and shaking it up before spritzing on the paper. I blotted it a little with a paper towel which also helped to spread the colour a little.
 

I then sprinkled on the Brusho Crystals (remember that less is more with these!) and misted with water. I blotted this a little with a paper towel and repeated until I was happy with the colour. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next stamp on one of the tree images using the Twisted Citron Distress ink in a random fashion, following this with stamping on your chosen text from the set with the Fern Green Archival ink.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I chose to cut my finished masterboard into 6 pieces and used one of these to make my card. 
 
I coloured a piece of card with the remaining green Distress inks and then die cut the trees from this. I glued the piece of background paper to my card blank, dotting on white with the Sharpie pen. I glued the trees on and added a little white paint pen to those too. I finished off by stamping the sentiment on with the fern ink.
 
 
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 
Fliss x

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Fliss I love the simple looking design very contemporary hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Fliss, looks straight out of one of those high end card shops ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stylish design - I love those trees against the masterboard panel.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this clean and crisp Xmas card, as Alison said very stylish
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Fliss, I love your masterboard! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The freshness of that green is fabulous and a lovely change to the traditional bottle green. Love the masterboard.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Gorgeous colours and love the die cuts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful background for lovely die cut Christmas trees, Fliss Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great MAke, so effective and perfect for batch making

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...