Thursday, 22 October 2015

Let's Talk About Christmas by Debs Wainwright



Hello everyone, I have been very fortunate this week, because I got to play with even more new Dinky stencils, from which I  made some cards.







This is how


I applied Crackle Paste through the stencils on a couple of pieces of cards as a feature, and then ink through the others.

You can see above what great backgrounds the snowflake and trees make.






Once dry, I decided which way to go with each card. For this one, I painted it. I loved how this really showed the crackle.







I also added some more snowflakes using craft paste through the stencil and sprinkling glittery embossing powder over the top. It takes a little longer to do its thing but looks when it does.

For the other bird, I tore some paper to form peeks and troughs and used it with ink across the card. Then using the tree stencil I added some here and there. (I love this stencil. It has inspired me to draw some similar trees in a couple of whimsey pics on the iPad. I used one of the torn pieces to act as a branch for the bird, which I painted white.







The bubble tree is another favourite of mine. I used the little tree stencil with ink for the  background and when dry, I used a spray with mica added for shimmer to highlight the feature tree. This was then also brought out more by rubbing metallic wax over the raised areas.







You can see above how I have edged the tree and the circles with a gold pen. I also used a gold embossing powder with a Christmas sentiment.

So here they are again all together.







What I used


That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Bubble Tree, Trees Background, Robin
Colour paper to mount cards from my stash



Well that's me for this week, take care

Debs xx          

8 comments:

  1. Wow! They're gorgeous Debs. Great ideas. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards Debs! That little robin is adorable! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These really are stunning Debs but I have to say that robin is my favourite, so cute!
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all gorgeous Debs. Amazing texture and detail. I too love that robin (and the tree too :D)
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely cards, they are all so gorgeous!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good Debs, stencils look fab.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful collection. I don't want to pick a favourite but I will say, that robin card is so sweet.
    Wishes, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious crackled textures - these are wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...