Monday, 12 October 2015

Kaleidoscope by Moira Sutton





Distress Re-inkers – Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves, Worn Lipstick and Mustard Seed
Mini Misters 
Crafters Workshop Stencils: Specimen and The Story
Butterfly Dies from Stash
I recently found out that the term for a large number of butterflies is a Kaleidoscope, love that. Anyway as you can see my make once again features a lot of butterflies indeed a whole Kaleidoscope of them. The reason for this is that October is Lupus Awareness month and the butterfly is the symbol for Lupus (although I think it should be the wolf as that is what Lupus means). Anyhoo as I was diagnosed with Lupus 4 years ago and been battling ever since to get my health under some sort of control I thought I would indulge a bit in butterflies this month, so beware there are likely to be more before the end of the month

I started by making up four misters of colour, each one had 1cm of a Distress Inker and filed with water. I lightly spritzed my card with water to assist the inks to move and randomly spritzed my misters being careful to avoid making mud.




 
 
 

Next I stamped, fussy cut and die cut a pile of butterflies, colouring with the Cosmic Shimmer Water Colour paints. When dry I added a coat of gloss gel for shine.




 

 

Next I stamped the Athena Visage stamp onto water colour paper, coloured her with water colour pencils.




 

 

Next I cut her out and glued her to my background then came some stencilling with the modelling paste to add texture and dimension.




 
 


The next fun part, adding the kaleidoscope of butterflies starting with the largest and working out to the smallest.




 
 

Some final shading around the face and random stamping with a stamp from my stash around the edging and I was done. 


Moira

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Moira, what a fabulous array of butterflies. Love the touches of stencilled texture as well.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh lush and lovely, stunning butterflies too Moira :)
    Hugs Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing and beautifully done. I wonder if having all those butterflies in and around her hair itches!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moira, this is absolutely stunning! What an amazing flutter of butterflies, so beautifully colourful.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Moira, I love butterflies and you have created a wonderful kaleidoscope (love that as a word for a collection of butterflies). Love how colourful it all is. A great make xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous page Moira!!!! Love your choice of images and your kaleidoscope, your flight of stamped and cut-out butterflies is simply marvelous!!!!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moira, this is sensational. A flurry of beautiful butterflies and a beautiful way to acknowledge Lupus awareness month x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful creation Moira !! Love your background and the way you decorated lady with gorgeous butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...