Thursday, 8 October 2015

Journal Board by Debs Wainwright

 
Hello everyone, I'm so excited to be sharing my post this week because I got to play with the new Dinky stencils and white/grey board from That's Crafty!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

This is what I did.

 

I printed some images from an online class I'm doing by Ivy Newport to use on my board and stuck them in place using a Soft Matte Medium, I also got some from Deviant Art. Once they were dry I added some paint to tie them in.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I used the stencils to add visual texture to the background. It also adds a more abstract feel. I wanted more texture so painted on some Crackle Paint randomly over the board.

 
Below you can see I've added more ephemera and paint, continuing to build layers and texture. It was getting dark when this picture was taken, which changed the colours to look more blue.

 

 
 
 
Using a black water soluble pencil I added shadows and refined some form. I added a person siting too, as I wanted to convey someone contemplating…
 
 
A close up of some of the texture 
 
 
 
 

This is what I used 

 

DecoArt Media Fluids in a palette of greens, blues, yellows and reds
Black Water Soluble Pencil
 
 
I hope you have seen all the other makes from my teamies using the fabulous new Stencils.
Here is another showing some Halloween themed stencils, well it is October!
 
 
 
 
 
 
And finally an ATC
 




Take Care and I'll see you next week.
 

Debs xx
 

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous art Debs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous board Deb, great way to tie all the elements together! The other projects look super too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This board is amazing Debs - so full of atmosphere and character. Lots of lovely stuff here!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful - I love it all!!! Your board has such a good vintage feel to it - older homes - people from the past - wistful images and fantastic design work! I love your cat too!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning creations Debs, love the first one especially as it's just so atmospheric
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab board, just dreamy! Love the other projects too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant board Debs as everyone has already said, very atmospheric. Great Halloween as well.
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant board Debs as everyone has already said, very atmospheric. Great Halloween as well.
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful board Debs and so much detail to see too. Love your other gorgeous creations too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ivy Newport is an incredible artist. I love the colours you worked with on this panel, so harmonious with the images you worked with and the overall feel of the panel.
    Great Halloween art!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Live this Debs, the collaged pictures create a great atmosphere

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely positively swooning over your journal board Debs. It's FABULOUS. It is all blended together sooooo perfectly. It just looks seamlessly portrayed. The house and the family are wonderful but it is the person sitting that just brought it all together. Totally makes me think of a vintage novel in New Orleans with the plantation, the family portrait and someone sitting out on the dock contemplating the day. This would be an amazing novel cover - truly it would! j.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...