Friday, 30 October 2015

Ho Ho Ho Tag by Fliss Goodwin


Hi there, I have a Christmas tag to share this week as I’ve been trying to use up some of the odd bits of Gelli print floating around in my scraps box. I found a rather Christmassy green one and this inspired my tag.
 
 
 
 

 

Ingredients: 


Tim Holtz Cling Stamp Sets – Crazy Birds, Crazy Things and Crazy Talk
Sissix Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Sets – Crazy Birds, Crazy Things
Brusho Crystals – Scarlet, Dark Brown, Grey, Sandstone
Gelli Print – I used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Yellow Green Light, Green Gold, Gold
Ribbon

 
 

Recipe:

 

The Gelli print I used was made by applying blobs of the green paint on the plate and using my fingers to spread it out. I then misted it with water and pressed the card on to pick up the paint. I then added gold to the plate in patches and pressed the card on again to make the finished print.
 

I cut a piece of the card to tag size using one of my Ranger ones as a guide and then used the star shower stencil with the embossing dabber – this is brilliant for stencils if you want to heat emboss as the dabber works so well with them. You can see the clean effect I got when I embossed the stars with the gold powder.
 

I stamped my chosen crazy bird and the Santa hat on stamping paper with the black ink and painted the images with the Brusho Crystals. I mixed the brown and grey shades to make the colour I wanted for my little robin and gave him a scarlet chest. I used the pencils for his beak and to add some shading to the images. I then die cut them with the thinlits dies.
 

I die cut some small stars from a scrap of paper I swiped through the left over Brusho paint and dipped them partly in the gold embossing powder then heated it to melt. I stamped the text on a further scrap of paper, cut the words out individually and gave them a red border with the coloured pencil.
 

I glued everything on the tag and tied some ribbon through the top to finish. 

 

Have a great weekend and see you next week. 
 

Fliss x

8 comments:

  1. A great little tag Fliss, I love the colours and starry background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab festive chap he is! Lovely tag

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so nice. I love those crazy bird stamps.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gilded stars and the crazy bird makes such a cute robin!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy bird looks very Ho Ho Ho, great tag
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So WONDERFULLY BRILLIANT CHRISTMAS FUN Fliss. I am smiling BIG. That green background is PERFECT - just so rich. And dear me... that bird.... hehehehehe - ADORABLE. Love the stars - it's all just DELIGHTFUL. I'll be thinking about your creation as I close my eyes tonight and go back over my day. Still smiling! j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet tag Fliss, crazy bird has never looked so festive ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...