Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Goin’ Batty for New Dinky Stencils by Amanda Southern


As you will have seen yesterday That’s Crafty! have now launched their 2nd release of their own brand fabulous Dinky stencils. This release includes some fabulous Halloween themed stencils and it is those I have chosen to play with today. Along with the stencil release Laura & Graham (That’s Crafty! owners) have also some brand new shaped grey/whiteboard piece. One of those pieces is the whiteboard door hanger which I have used for my make today.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I decided to make a Halloween themed door hanger which I will give to my nieces, my trick & treating days are long over!!
 
 

Here’s what I did:-

 

I first applied a layer of Gesso as I was going to use Gelatos and the coverage and blending is better over a layer of Gesso. Once the gesso was dry I then applied my chosen colours of Gelatos, applied with that fabulous tool we all own, the finger!! Once happy with how the colours had blended I sprayed over the Gelatos with a fixative.
 
I then took the Bats stencil and around the hole applied the bats using black Dylusions paint with a mini round blending tool. I also partially stencilled the spiders web either side.
 
Trick & Treat and the graveyard have been stamped with Versamark and then heat  embossed with fine black embossing powder.
 
I stamped, coloured and cut out my characters and applied and sealed onto the hanger with matt medium. The hanger has then been edged with silver gilding wax.
 
 
 

What I used:-

 

That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencils – Flight of Bats and Spiders Web
Fixative
White Colouring Paper
Brett Weldele Stamp Set – Trick or Treaters (we will have this set in stock very soon)
 
 
I have used 2 of the fabulous new stencils but there are so many fabulous new designs so well worth checking out the latest additions to the range.
 
 
See you same time next week 
 
Love
 
Amanda X

7 comments:

  1. Great door hanger Amanda the stencils look amazing and love the stamps too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful,love everything about it,very dramatic and acceptably spooky too!
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda this is just dog gone cute!!!!! I do love Halloween!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A feast of spookiness Amanda. Just love your gorgeous background and those little cuties look fab in their Halloween costumes.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Spooky but also such great fun and fabulous background colours.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is much fun love it and those stencils are fab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, fingerpainting - that explains that fabulous sky! Love the little trick or treaters, and the touch of embossed shimmer on the words is a great touch.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...