Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Getting Spooky with Carabelle Studio Stamps by Amanda Southern



Hi Everyone

With Halloween nearly with us I have a couple of Spooky cards for you this week using some more of the fabulous new releases from Carabelle Studio Stamps. Unfortunately both of these fabulous stamps sold out when they first arrived in the shop but the good news is more are currently on their way.









Here’s What I did:-


First card – stamped the Windows stamp onto inkable card and then coloured with Distress inks to create a moody look. I then coloured one of the windows with Distress ink and a water pen to give the impression of a single light on. I then added the crow, which I cut using my silhouette cameo, and the barbed wire diecut. The sentiment “I’m watching You” was typed on my vintage typewriter.

Second card - I stamped the skull background onto mixed media card and then coloured using Brusho Crystals turned into water colours and applied with a paintbrush.

I then added my skeleton which is from Tim Holtz Halloween Remnant Rubs set. With a scrap of black card I die cut the spider and covered in clear crackle medium. Once that was dry I applied gilding was in Cast Bronze. To ensure the wax was only left in the cracks I lightly heated the wax with a heat gun which slightly melted the wax and that allowed me to wipe off the wax I didn’t want. I then attached a length of black cotton  to allow it to hang.

Here’s a close up of the spider







Finally I added a Tim Holtz Chit Chat Sticker. This was then matted onto purple cardstock and added to a black card blank cut to size from black card stock.



What I used:-


Carabelle Studio Stamps – “A La Fenetre” and “Tete de Mort
Distress Inks – Hickory Smoke, Ground Espresso, Black Soot & Scattered Straw
Crow die cut using Silhouette Cameo
Barb Wired Die
Black Card Blank cut down from an 8” x 8” card blank
Brusho’s – Orange, Purple, Violet & Lime
Spider - Tim Holtz Alterations Movers and Shaper Die
Purple Card
Inkable Card
Vintage Typewriter


Hope I’ve got you feeling in a spooky mood, not long now……………………………

See you next Tuesday

Love

Amanda X

8 comments:

  1. Love those queasily coloured skulls and fab crackled spider, and the windows are definitely going on my wishlist!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh spookiness abounds! I LOVE them both but especially the first one, looks very Alfred Hitchcock like.....really creepy ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Amanda you have given them a really atmospheric spookiness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love the windows and bird, very spooky!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that first one ! It is fantastic!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Amanda although I have to confess on whizzing past the spider as it's so realistic and I have a bit of a phobia!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...