Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Dreams by Amanda Southern



 
 
 
 
 
I don’t think that it’s any secret that I just loveeeeee the stamps from Carabelle Studio and when That’s Crafty! received the new releases last week it was just one of those “have to have them” moments. If you’ve never seen or used Carabelle Stamps they are well worth a look. They are white rubber and they stamp beautifully with fabulous detail. You can see the huge range that That’s Crafty stock HERE.
 
 So I have made a card using only Carabelle Studio stamps.
 
 
 

Here’s what I did:-

 

I first made my background by blending Ranger dye inks with the round blending tool in a variety of bright colours. When the ink was then dry I created a bokeh effect with white ink and a circle stencil. Once that had dried I began stamping my background. I stamped the large A5 “Circles and Dots” stamp with Archival ink and filled in some of the circles with a white gel pen. I then inked up the “Dreams” stamp, again another A5 stamp but this time with Ranger black dye ink pad and then stamped over my previously stamped circles.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I then stamped “Helena” onto a piece of mixed media paper and coloured with pencils. She was then cut out and added to my background.
 
All was then mat and layered onto black card and mounted onto an 8 x 8 card blank.

 

 

 

What I used:-

 

Carabelle Studio Stamps – Circles and Dots, Dreams and Visage Helena
Ranger Dye Inks Various Colours
Homemade Circle Stencil using acetate and circle punches
Coloured Pencils blendable like Spectrum Noir (I used Polychromos pencils)
8 x 8 Card Blank
 
 
 
Thanks and see you next Tuesday
 
Love
 
Amanda X

11 comments:

  1. Love this Amanda, so full of colour which is wonderful to see on this dark morning. Your colouring of the girl is fantastic too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to admire! Love your design! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say I love it but it's more then that, probably one of the funkiest cards ever made!
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Amanda and so much beautiful detail - can't imagine how you managed to get so much on there!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Amanda!! :)
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly stunning, the detail and that amazing skill at colouring and also the composition. Would look amazing in a frame x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful rainbow colours and the dreamy bubbles and layered stamping... it all works brilliantly.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...