Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Christmas Tags by Amanda Southern







I am far from the most organised when it comes to preparing for Christmas, but the recently released Christmas themed Dinky stencils have at least started me on my way. As you can see I have decided to make some Christmas tags with 2 very different techniques.

 

Here’s what I did:-

 
The first pair of tags have been made on acetate. I started by first die cutting my tags from an  A4 sheets of acetate.

I then stencilled through the Bubble Tree stencil using Cosmic Shimmer texture paste in both Deep Red and Gold Pearl. To ensure the stencil didn’t move on the acetate I held it in place with low tack masking tape, this also stopped any of the paste getting onto the acetate where I didn’t want it. I left these then overnight to totally dry. Once they were dry I added Tim Holtz Christmas Time Remnant Rubs, you get a sheet of black and a sheet of white in the pack. I then tied coordinating ribbon through the tag.
 
 
 
 
 
 
These were not the easiest to photograph but hopefully you get the idea. There is also a fabulous shimmer to the trees from the paste which sadly the photograph doesn’t really show.
 
2nd pair of tags have been made using the Dinky Trees background stencil on the 3” x 5” Gelli Plate. Using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints and after playing with several prints I decided I liked the softness of the ghost prints. A ghost print being layering a layer of acrylic paint over the remnants of design left by the previous print and then pulling them both off together. I chose quite funky non traditional colours for these tags. I cleaned my brayer each time onto a piece of white cardstock, this piece of card was then die cut with the tag die to be my background. I then die cut the trees out of pink card stock and die cut my sentiments in a linen white cardstock, added few self-adhesive pink stars, again finished off with coordinating ribbon.
 
 
 
 
 
2 very different styles of tags
 
 

What I used:-

 

Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste – Deep Red & Pearl Gold
Co-ordinating Ribbons
PaperArtsy Fresco Paints – Limelight, Bougainvillea, Caribbean sea, Teresa Green
Tim Holtz Thinlits Die – Handwritten Holidays
Adhesive Star Gems
Pink Card
White Linen Card
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue for the die cuts
Tim Holtz Alteration Tag and Bookplate Die
 
 
See you all next Tuesday
 
Love
 
Amanda X
 

9 comments:

  1. Love them all and I actually think the first 2 could make lovely tree decorations too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the contemporary look and feel to these tags. What a fabulous idea to have pink Christmas trees. Very different techniques and loving them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby! I really love the clean, modern look you've achieved. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really lovely Amanda and love the completely different styles you chose.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The results are so crisp and clear. I am so impressed as I am sure in my hands there would be mucky paw prints (my own!) all over the tags.
    Love these!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cool! There's something really magical about the acetate ones with the images just floating there, and the pink trees are - yes, I'm going with that word again - groovy!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...