Hello Crafters! As you may have gathered, this week That's Crafty! have launched another fantastic selection of their Dinky Stencils, together with more Alterables in different sizes. I've decorated one of the new coaster size Alterables.
Here's what I used...
Prima Color Bloom Shimmer Spray - Tangerine, Lime Wedge, Summer Sky
Versafine Ink Pad - Onyx Black
and, here's what I did...
1. I started by spraying the coaster with the Lime Wedge and Summer Sky Prima Shimmer Sprays, then dried with a heat gun.
2. Next, I applied the Lapis paint through the butterfly stencil, using a palette knife. I used the heat gun to dry this, being careful not to cause the paint to bubble too much. I also used a stencil brush with the paint to add a few more, less dimensional, background butterflies.
3. I stamped the Carabelle Studio Desire image onto white card with the black Versafine ink, applied clear embossing powder, and used the heat gun to set it. I cut out the butterfly and the word, then glued them to the coaster with Glossy Accents. I only glued the butterfly body, so that I could lift up the wings for some added dimension.
4. I used the edge of the Carabelle Studio Desire stamp to add a border around the coaster, then used Cut 'n Dry Foam to ink the edges with black.
5. To finish, I unscrewed the lids of the Prima Shimmer Sprays, and tapped the straws to add some colourful splatters of ink to the coaster.
Wishing you a creative day,