Thursday, 15 October 2015

Be Fabulous by Debs Wainwright


 
Hi everyone, I'm still playing with That’s Crafty’s new release of Dinky stencils from last week. These are a few of my favourite ones, but they are all so versatile and can be used to create great features as well, as cool backgrounds.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Here's what I did.

 
I sprayed some ink with Mica to give some shimmer to my A5 journal page. I dried this with my heat tool. I chose four stencils and Archival inks to make my background.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I just love how these work together so well. The hearts, flight of butterflies, and shower of stars are set out to create a random effect in the middle ground while the colours and reverse honeycomb add visual texture to the background.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Also in the new release are two quote stencils which are great to use as a sentiment or background text. Above I've used black ink, but you could also use craft paste, gel mediums, paint, pens etc.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Above you can see that to complete my page, I stamped and cut two figures which I coloured using a watered down paint pen. Once dry I stuck them to my card and outlined them with a black soluble pencil which I let run a little when I activated it with water.
Using a White Gel pen I edged some of the hearts.
 
 
 

What I used 

 

Prima Color Bloom Spray in Summer Sky and Pearl White
Archival Ink Cornflower, Potting Shed, Fern Green, Jet Black
 
 
Thanks for popping by, take Care
 
Hugs Debs xx

9 comments:

  1. Love this...fabulous art Debs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stencilled background - such lovely colours - and I love the shading around the figures to give them depth.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab make Debs, love the colours used
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stencils look fabulous with Dina's scribblys, great background
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cool creation Debs, background is just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab Debs! A gorgeous background for those lovely ladies. Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debs, such gorgeous depth to the background - really beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super, love the way you have worked all the stencils into it

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super, love the way you have worked all the stencils into it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...