Thursday, 29 October 2015

Abstract Landscape by Debs Wainwright



Hello everyone, I have something a little different to share this week so I hope you like it. 







This is what I did



1.    I tore up a cat food box and used the flat side as my base approx size 10x6in. I then laid a 1/8in thick layer of craft Paste over the whole surface. I left it over night to dry.

2.    I rubbed the surface to make it smooth and then sprayed it with green and blue mists.

3.    I then used some Umber Brusho along one edge and spritzed it, allowing the drips to run down.

4.    I added some more Brusho to the plaque, and then flicked it on with a paint brush randomly. I added some spray paint in white here and there too.

5.    One this was all dry, using an old pen which I had removed the ink from, I dabbed tiny white dots randomly over the picture. In particular I followed some of runs. I had decided which way up I wanted the picture and the runs acted as stems for the trees.

6.    I used a White Gel Pen to highlight areas such as the tree. Next I added some shaded areas with a black water soluble pencil.

7.    While the plaque was drying I heated up my pan and added Bees Wax and waited for it to melt. 







I gave the plaque three coats of wax heating it with my heat tool each time to finish the the layer. Once the wax was dry using a pokey tool I scraped a pattern on the tree. I added some other marks randomly to give some texture and definition.

Here are some close ups.








Below you can see the wax starting to dry







Lastly I added silver wax to the edges which tied the whole thing together.


What I used


Black Water Soluble Pencil
PaperArtsy Silver Treasure Gold
Ranger Heat Pan for UTEE or Wax



I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial, I'll see you again next week. Take care

Debs xx

9 comments:

  1. Wow - what peaceful colors. This is such a wonderful contemporary painting. Somehow I always see things in these types of paintings though Debs so here is my take!!! It is the church on the hill with the cemetery beside it. At the bottom of the hill is a beautiful tree - "tree of life"!! - and there are several little people beneath it ready to walk up the hill to worship! Nevertheless - it's really lovely and I feel content when I look at it!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different and really clever, smashing make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very tranquil feel yo this Debs, love the textures in the wax.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abstract art at its finest Debs ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's one of those pictures you want to keep staring at Debs. Brilliant! Like looking out of the window on a rainy day. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful texture and colours, love it!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really amazing creation Debs and love the peaceful effect you've achieved.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours and waxed textures - beautiful, Debs.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...