Hello everyone, I have something a little different to share this week so I hope you like it.
This is what I did
1. I tore up a cat food box and used the flat side as my base approx size 10x6in. I then laid a 1/8in thick layer of craft Paste over the whole surface. I left it over night to dry.
2. I rubbed the surface to make it smooth and then sprayed it with green and blue mists.
3. I then used some Umber Brusho along one edge and spritzed it, allowing the drips to run down.
4. I added some more Brusho to the plaque, and then flicked it on with a paint brush randomly. I added some spray paint in white here and there too.
5. One this was all dry, using an old pen which I had removed the ink from, I dabbed tiny white dots randomly over the picture. In particular I followed some of runs. I had decided which way up I wanted the picture and the runs acted as stems for the trees.
6. I used a White Gel Pen to highlight areas such as the tree. Next I added some shaded areas with a black water soluble pencil.
7. While the plaque was drying I heated up my pan and added Bees Wax and waited for it to melt.
I gave the plaque three coats of wax heating it with my heat tool each time to finish the the layer. Once the wax was dry using a pokey tool I scraped a pattern on the tree. I added some other marks randomly to give some texture and definition.
Here are some close ups.
Below you can see the wax starting to dry
Lastly I added silver wax to the edges which tied the whole thing together.
What I used
Black Water Soluble Pencil
PaperArtsy Silver Treasure Gold
Ranger Heat Pan for UTEE or Wax
I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial, I'll see you again next week. Take care