Monday, 7 September 2015

Wishful by Moira Sutton


 
 

 
ATC

 

Well they say in crafting there are no mistakes only learning opportunities and if that is true wow was I learning a lot on Sunday. I can’t count how many times I started a project for todays post, I experimented with water colour pencils, Gelatos, various media and while experimenting is fun none of the efforts left me with anything useful, apart from those lessons learned. So with the clock ticking I settled on a quick ATC, but even here I messed up the base of the mushrooms originally colouring it green which was unclear in contrast to the background so on went purple and then I lost all the inking s had to “draw” it back in Hey ho!

Anyway I started with stamping the girl and the mushrooms only from the flower stamp in the stamp set in Archival and masking them. Next I stamped  some tiny script in StazOn (you could use Archival) then scribbling blue, yellow and white Prima Water Colours pencils on the ATC, blending with water and adding more colour till I was happy.

Next came some white heavy body paint through the stencil and some white paint splatters. I stamped the Sun style stamp from the set in the circles using a Big Brush Pen.  I removed the masks and coloured the girl and mushrooms with The Big Brush Pens adding some shadows with a blue Big Brush pen, touched up the black lines with the Fude pen and white highlights with the Sharpie. To complete it I rubbed white paint round the edge and added the word from the Chit Chat stickers it seemed appropriate as I was wishing I get something completed in time!

Need a cuppa now.
 
Moira

6 comments:

  1. I love this - I wanted to buy the stamp set but they wanted $63 with postage -- now that is highway robbery! Needless to say, I did not order it. Boo Hoo for me!! But I sure did love this card and stamp set.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just replied to your email - the cost of the order would not be $63! We have a section on our website that explains overseas shipping costs are weight based and how to obtain an exact shipping cost from us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it when something goes wrong and turns out as something so right. Great ATC
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Moira. Such lovely colours and texture and a really cute image too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your ATC Moira.. Great fun and the stamps and colors are so lovely!!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...