Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Shine by Amanda Southern


Hi Everyone

Today I have a project playing with one of the brand new stamp sets by Dina Wakley.
 
 
 





Here’s what I did:-


I first created my background using Dina Wakley paints which I have applied using a dry brush and just swiping across my card. Allow for one colour to dry before applying the next. I then added some detail using a couple of Dina’s stencils. I added the black squiggle using Dina’s black paint with a fine tip applicator attached (I still haven’t quite mastered that one yet!). I then added some additional embellishments to add interest and texture some machine stitching, buttons, ribbon and a torn piece of book paper.
 

I then stamped the striped star onto another piece of card and cut out. Final touches were some paint splatters black on the background and magenta on the star this is done by watering down slightly the acrylic paint.
 

Mat and layered onto black card stock and added to an 8 x 8 card blank.
 
 
 




What I Used:-


Dina Stencils - Essentials & Halves
Dina Heavy Body Acrylic Paints – White, Black, Magenta, Lemon & Turquoise
Sewing Machine
Buttons and Ribbon from my stash
Torn Book Page
8 x 8 Card Blank

 

Hope you like it and see you all next Tuesday

Love
 
Amanda X

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful card Amanda, it's looks exactly Dina like which in my opinion makes it fab ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliantly done - the build up of paint, stencilling and doodling into a great compositional background for the star is just perfect.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous arty card Amanda! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great painty card Amanda love the minimalist look too. I'm missing my paints 🎨xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunner Amanda! So gorgeously grungy and yummy colours too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing results with the paint, stencils and stamping and just the right amount of embellishments - truly fabulous.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous designed card, I love all on this!
    Big hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this card is stunning. So vibrant and so wonderfully splatty x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...