Wednesday, 30 September 2015

She Believed by Alison Hall


Hi Everyone! Today, I have a mixed media card to share with you, using Dina Wakley paints and stamps.


 
 
 
 

Ingredients 


Dina Wakley Media Stamp Sets - Scribbly Women, Textures, Primitive Icons
Dina Wakley Media Acrylic Paint - White, Black, Blackberry Violet, Sterling
Glass Bead Gel - make your own by mixing some Creative Expressions Small Clear Beads with Prima Art Basics 3D Gloss Gel
White Card Blank (6x6 inch)
Page from an old book

 

Instructions 


1. I started with a piece of mixed media paper, about 5.5 inches square, then used Ranger Glue N Seal to adhere a few small pieces of torn book paper, just enough to add a little bit of texture and interest to the background. Some of the pieces were glued off the edges, I just tore the edges off, to leave a rough edge to my background, but you could use scissors if you prefer a clean edge. I used a palette knife to add a layer of white paint all over the top. 

2.  Next, I mixed a little white paint with some Blackberry Violet. I used the palette knife to apply this randomly. I didn't want to cover all of the white. I also used the tip of the palette knife to add some scratchy lines in the paint. 

3. I used Blackberry Violet paint to partially stamp the mesh image from Dina's Textures set, then used black Archival ink to stamp some script. 

4. Time for some more texture. Mix some small glass beads into some 3D gloss gel. To add some colour to this, I mixed a tiny bit of black paint with some Sterling, to get a metallic slate colour, then mixed this into the glass bead gel. I applied this through the mini harlequin stencil, then left it to dry thoroughly. 

5. Once the bead gel was dry, I mixed a tiny bit of blackberry violet with some white paint, to get a pale violet colour, then used a brayer to apply this over my background. I brayered a little Sterling paint in places too.

6. I used cut n dry foam to apply black paint to the face stamp from Scribbly Women, and stamped it on the right. I used blackberry violet to paint in her body & add colour to her hair, and white paint to lighten her face and neck. Once the paint was dry, I outlined her arms with a black journaling pen. 

7. I used white paint and one heart from the row of hearts from Primitive Icons, to stamp 3 hearts, one on the woman and two in the background, then added some Diamond Stickles to them once the paint was dry. 

8. I stamped the phrases from Scribbly Women with black Archival ink, sponged the edges of my artwork with black paint, then glued it to a 6x6 inch white card.

I just love how the paint highlights the beads in the gel, but the gloss gel beneath is still shiny. I hope this shows up a bit in the photo below.


 
 

 

I hope my mixed media card has inspired you to get creative today,
 

until next week,
 

Alison x

9 comments:

  1. Stunning colour - and she looks beautiful in it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the purple, really makes the whole creation pop!
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dina's gal looks fab in purple, great make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Alison. Beautifully grungy and I just love that purple!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...