Friday, 25 September 2015

Lovely Bubbly by Fliss Goodwin


Hi there, I have a fairly clean and simple card to share this week which is also very simple to make using my favourite Finnabair Don’t Forget To Fly stamp set which as you’ll see can create a bright and funky modern style too.
 
 
 
 

 

Ingredients: 


Stampers Annoymous Tim Holtz Collection – Crazy Talk (my current favourite sentiment set)
Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black, Cobalt
Distress Inks – Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers
White Square Card Blank (or make your own)

 

Recipe:

 

As you’ll see, the card is very simple to make. I stamped directly on the card blank but if you’re nervous you could stamp on a separate square and add this to card.
 

I chose 4 different sizes of the round stamp images, varying the pattern for contrast. I stamped the largest circle first, diagonally across the card blank using the amber ink. Follow this with the next size down and the citron ink, then the next one with the pistachio ink and finally the smallest one with the salty ocean ink.
 

Colour a scrap of card with the peacock feathers ink and stamp on some circles with the salty ocean ink. Stamp the large plain butterfly on top with the black ink and cut out when dry. I have a tip to share here too as I’m not that good at cutting out so I left a little border all round the image as I cut it out. I then went round the edges of the image, colouring the border with a black pencil.
 

Stamp a sentiment from the set in the bottom right corner of the card with the cobalt ink and glue on the butterfly after shaping the wings with scissor blades or curl round a pencil.



We have a new challenge today over at That’s Crafty! Challenge Blog so don’t forget to check it out at 8am. There’s a fab prize for the randomly drawn winner and all you have to do to earn a chance is to enter!
 

Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 

Fliss x

10 comments:

  1. I love this! Thank you for the black pencil tip, I am rubbish at cutting out! Will definitely try this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Fliss, I especially love the colour combo that you've chosen
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful composition and the pretty colours are so very you, Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  4. C&S done brilliantly using a fab stamp set.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this, the subtle use of the different colour shades is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Fliss - your card is sooo inspiring to me. I am just not a good card maker but I think I have it in my head that a card needs to be layers and textures etc etc. I actually think I could make this card after reading your great tutorial. It looks like such fun! Your butterfly edges are perfect - what a great tip. It's just a really SUPER fun card. X j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the CAS look - the bubbles are great and the butterfly is luscious.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! I love that peacock color butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...