Thursday, 3 September 2015

Lost Summer by Debs Wainwright


Hello everyone, today I'm sharing Lost Summer.
 
 
 
 
  
 

I wanted to suggest the Summer fading and Autumn on the March and just like our Seasons that bring transformation to the landscape, this hanging has been through many changes. 
This is how it began. I had embossed some card and stuck it to a white/grey board in which I had cut two holes, this was in order for it to be hung.  
I gave it a coat of Gesso and let it dry.
 
 
 
 
 
  

I painted the board with several different colours, and once dry, covered it with black gesso.
I let this dry and gently sanded it down to reveal some of the colour underneath.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
At this point I wasn't sure what to do next. I did love the effect and it was definitely something to try again, but for this time, I was pulled a different direction. I coated the whole thing in Acrylic Paint, using one of Andy Skinner’s techniques to create a rust effect.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I stamped and cut out my features and added embossing powder to the butterfly. I then added them to the board.
 
 
 
 
 
 

And to finish they were both painted in colours to represent early Autumn and then heat embossed them both with white. I added some rusty wire.
 
 
 
 

 

What I used

 
Media Fluids from DecoArt various colours including Quinacridone Gold
Dinkie stamps Mini Butterfly and Poppy from IndigoBlu
I'm looking forward to some Autumn colours next month. Take care everyone.

 
Debs x

6 comments:

  1. It's great when a change in direction takes you to an unexpected destination, fan hanging Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally WONDERFUL Debs. And sooooo looks like 'Lost Summer' - wow. The background is INCREDIBLE and the colors are just exactly right for your theme. It's PERFECTLY LOVELY. j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally WONDERFUL Debs. And sooooo looks like 'Lost Summer' - wow. The background is INCREDIBLE and the colors are just exactly right for your theme. It's PERFECTLY LOVELY. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic weathering and distressing - so cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that distressed background! Gorgeous art Debs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis is really gorgeous Debs! Such a beautiful background and amazing distressed texture.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...