Tuesday, 22 September 2015

“Live” by Amanda Southern


Hi Everyone







I’d like to share with you today another card made from the scraps I collect that are the trimmed off pieces from previous backgrounds that I have made, I always make my backgrounds on A4 card and then generally cut down to 7” x 7” so I end up collecting quite a few off cuts. I also have some failed background stamping where the image hasn’t stamped properly but have some useable parts of it.



Here’s what I did:-

 


Gather up a collection of scrap gelli print backgrounds and using a square punch repeatedly punch squares until you have quite a collection (I have quite a box of random squares now). I have also punched out squares from badly stamped images ensuring I punch out the good parts.
 

Once you have a good variety start laying them out and form a pattern that you are happy with, if you are anything like me I end up moving them around for ages. When you are finally happy glue them onto a piece of card. If you need to, trim the edges to square off.


I then stencilled the image with embossing paste and when that was dry stencilled the word “Live”.
 

I then mounted onto a black 8” x 8” card blank.
 
 

What I used:-


Gelli print off cuts made using 8” x 10” Gelli Plate
Square Punch or Die
Donna Downey – Intention Stencil (Only used the word Live)

 

See you next Tuesday

Love

Amanda X

11 comments:

  1. This is utterley fab Amanda and such a great technique love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea Amanda!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this pop art style, a big canvas of this would look rather funky I think!
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really fab way to use up your scraps Amanda and the stencilled image looks amazing. Thanks for the embossing paste tip too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to reuse old artwork in this way. I like the way you have the image of the girl on the patterned squares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to reuse old artwork in this way. I like the way you have the image of the girl on the patterned squares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the almost patchwork quilt feel to this card. Stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool - what a fabulous patchwork of off-cuts - amazing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found this cool piece on Pinterest and am using it as inspiration for a piece I am doing for a Gel Press project. I'm on their design team and was inspired by all the colors and patterns. I'll follow up on here with links to my project. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...