Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Life in the Fast Lane by Amanda Southern


 
 
 
 
 
Hi everyone I have for you today another card made using another of the fabulous stamps sets by Brett Weldele. This set is “Racer Girl”.



What I did:-


I started by selecting a prepared gelli print from my dwindling stash, I need to get my gelli plate out soon and make more prints. I first stenciled with crimson Archival ink through sections of the “Route 66” stencil I then over stencilled with black Archival different parts of the stencil.
 

I then stamped my images first the racer girl which was then masked off before stamping the car in the background. As I was to colour directly onto the painted gelli print I needed to colour with something reasonably opaque, Spectrum Noir with their waxy leads are perfect for this sort of colouring as you can lay the colour down really heavily blocking out a lot of your background. I then grunged the piece up more with the racing stripes stamped in red and also used the grungy stamp from Andy Skinners Industrial stamp set.
 

The sentiments from the Racer Girl set were added stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with fine black embossing powder.
 

To finish it was then  mounted onto black card and then onto an 8” x 8” card blank.

 

What I Used:-


Archival Ink – Black and Crimson
Stencil Andy Skinner – Route 66
Card Blank

 

Hope you like it and see you next Tuesday

Love

Amanda X

9 comments:

  1. Love this Amanda, great colours and I love the lady lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another sassy lady and a great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another sassy lady and a great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic grungy retro look card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are lots of Ladies with Attitude so far this week!
    Fabulous retro vibe to your card ... amazing.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Amanda, fabulous background and images! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this is SUPER FINE Amanda!! My Daddy - who lived to be 94 - used to say 'super fine" all the time... and one day - when I used it - he asked me if I was sure I used it correctly. WHAT? He then told me that the only thing that could really be SUPER FINE was either a car or a woman!!!!!!!!!! Well - I used it for al ot more than that but I love it that in your case.... your project is really truly Daddy's definition of SUPER FINE - eheheheheheh!!! It's a high compliment!!! This is a really FUN and FABULOUS creation. The colors, the background just all come together so perfectly. Makes me smile... really really enjoyed this one! j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joi and what a great story!
      Love
      Amanda x

      Delete
  8. I absolutely love this Amanda! Amazing detail and a fabulous background for the stamping.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...