Sunday, 6 September 2015

Heart Shaped Box by Lynne Moncrieff


This week I am sharing a heart shaped box which I gifted to a lovely friend. 



 



Supplies

Oxford Impressions Stamp Set Jane’s Garden
StazOn Saddle Brown
Mod Podge Matte
Gel Medium
Gesso (white)
Foam Brush
PaperArtsy Fresco Chalk Acrylics:- London Night, Chalk, Nougat, Mushroom and Crackle Glaze
Wooden Heart Shape Box
Extras:- Various laces and rose lace trim

 

Instructions


After applying Gesso to box (including inside and underside), I applied a base layer of London Night followed with Crackle Glaze. For the top layer I mixed Chalk, Nougat and Mushroom. For the inside I skipped London Night and Crackle and simply painted with the other paints. 

I didn’t want the crackle to be too obvious so applied the thinnest of layers. 

Once dry I stamped the beautiful script stamp with Saddle Brown, doesn’t it have more of a golden tinge to it! Also stamping around the edge, once to the inside of the lid and once to the underside of the box. Aim for a slightly distressed appearance to the stamping.



 
 
 


Before embellishing with lace I applied two thin layers of Mod Podge Matt, then it was time to adhere the various lace with Gel Medium, including cutting lace rose trim to decorate the lid.




 

There we have it. 

Until next time,

Lynne x

12 comments:

  1. My dear Lynne, your beautiful heart box, makes me happy everyday, when seing it in my craft room, it is so romantic and so elegant,- filled with lovely materials you choosed for me to play with, I love my heart box from you ,-my lovely friend !!
    Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning box Lynne, in your wonderful vintage style.... both the in and outside look super, - love that stamp on the lid! I bet Dorthe loves it!! (I can see that from her comment above anyway...)

    Sorry for my lack of visits, but I had an almost 2 month break from blogging, and though I meant to visit, life just kept getting back in the way... Things should get back to normal now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that vintage advertisement stamp, and the lovely compartments of goodies inside. What a beautiful gift for Dorthe!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift! Your vintage look is fabulous, and I love the stamping! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely--an the inside gifties are charming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful gift Lynne, I love the stamping and lace! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Lynne
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous vintage style box Lynne and so pretty.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful Lynne and gorgeously decadent. Love both inside and out. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful Lynne and gorgeously decadent. Love both inside and out. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...