Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Grungy Bloom by Alison Hall


Hello Crafters! I've got some more Carabelle Studio goodness to share with you this week, using stamps by the wonderful Birgit Koopsen.
 




 


Ingredients 


Carabelle Studio Birgit Koopsen Stamps - Layered Strips & Bloom
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint - Glass Blue & Guacamole
White Card Blank - 6x6 inch
Green Button

 

Instructions 


1. For this card, I used Gelli Plate print and its ghost print, that I made at my pal Hazel's recently. Hazel had the idea to blob some paint on the plate and then use a comb tool to pull the paint out, and here's the results. By the way, if you don't know what a ghost print is, it's the second print you take from your Gelli Plate.
 
 
 
 
 

2. For my base, I cut a piece from my ghost print, 5.5x5.5 inches. I then randomly stamped parts of the Layered Strips with black Archival ink. I also stamped the leafy branch from the Bloom stamp set in two corners, top left and bottom right.
 

3. On the main Gelli Plate print, I used black Archival ink to stamp the large flower, two leaves, the phrase, and the Layered Strips. I cut out the flower, leaves and quote, and cut a stem shape from the Layered Strips image.
 

4. I adhered all of the cut out pieces to the background, using Glue 'N Seal, matted my artwork onto black card, then attached it to a 6x6 inch card. To finish, I glued a green button to the flower with Glossy Accents.

 

Hope you have a creative day,

 

Alison x

9 comments:

  1. Gelli and Birgit my fav combo, great card Alison
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your grungy bloom and the painty print is beautiful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Awesome background and flower xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every thing about this piece is lovely and the words really speak to me too!!!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely Alison. Such a beautiful background for the gorgeous flower.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't that such a great sentiment and it works so perfectly with that bold flower just waiting to be noticed, standing out from the crowd.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make lovely background with Gelli plate Alison..fab use of it here. Love that grungy flower..super cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...