Friday, 4 September 2015

Finding Time by Fliss Goodwin


Hi there, I have another page in my A5 size journal to share this week which has a quote rather dear to my heart as I think we all need to make time to do the things we enjoy most and in my case I’m sure you can guess it’s time to create something.



 

 

Ingredients: 


PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints – Blush, Haystack, Smurf
VersaMagic Inks – Pink Grapefruit, Oasis Green
Coloured Pencils such as Spectrum Noir
Baby Wipes
 
 
 

Recipe: 

 


I applied the paint to my journal page using baby wipes as I really like the soft look this gives but you could use sponges or brushes if you prefer.
 

Once the paint was dry, I stamped on the glance image, the floral collage and the time text with the Archival ink.
 

I then stamped on elements from the time machine set with the pink and green chalk inks as these also give a soft look. I added some poppies from the Carabelle set with the pink ink to add some texture to the page.
 

I coloured the poppy collage with pencils blending the colours with paper stumps and blending fluid. I also added a little colour to the woman’s lips and eyes.
 

To finish the page off I stamped a couple more butterflies on a scrap of stamping paper with the dark grey ink, coloured them with a red pencil, cut them out and glued them to the page.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Have a great weekend and see you next week!
 
 
Fliss x

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely Fliss. It's so soothing and peaceful. Almost reminds me of the "leave it to Beaver" days when everything seemed so perfectly in place and in control. It's just such a relaxing and sweet layout. The floral collage just peeking through the background sets of the whole piece with gentleness and your Poppy is super. It's just a very special creation. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gentle and calming, Fliss - as Joi said. It's really pretty and beautifully composed.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty in such lovely soft colours and what a great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful page Fliss, lovely colour blending! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...