Monday, 21 September 2015

Enchanted by Moira Sutton


 
 

PaperArtsy Fresco Paints – Haystack, Sherbet, Lake Wanaka, Orchid, Guacamole and Snowflake
Crafters Workshop Stencils – Ledger, Reversed Chicken wire, Well Rounded and The Story
Versamagic Ink Pads - Spring Pansy, Gingerbread, Hint of Pesto, Night Sky, Aqua Mist  and Pink Petunia
Enchanted Stamp from stash
Fude Pen Black

 

Another journal page from me.   think people use their journals for lots of different purposes some to document their lives, some to document their artistic journey, others to experiment with techniques and combinations. I certainly fall in the last category and often the experiments are just that and end up covered in Gesso or gelli prints for another projects or sometimes I am happy with the outcome and want to use make a completed project, this was one of those instances where I had been playing with paint sprays and rather liked the muted effect. I made up five bottles of spray paint by placing a little of the Haystack and a little of the White into a mini mister bottles and filling with water then repeating for each colour which I then spritzed over my journal pages. The purpose of mixing the white with each colour was to make the paints even more chalky looking and to soften the colours. When dry I went over with the Dylusions White Linen mist to knock the colour back even further.

As a guide only I stamped the La Femme aux Oiseau stamp on the journal and then again on watercolour paper. I coloured the stamp with Watercolour Pencils and fussy cut it around the outside of the hair.

Next I used the Ledger, Reversed Chicken Wire and Well Rounded stencils with the various Versamagic inks to create background texture then attached my cut out stamped image.

Next I used the Snowflake paint through the leaves of the Dylusions stencils to create hanging vines. I repeated this two or three times so there would be an ethereal ghostly effect. A final light spritz of the green paint blotted with a baby wipe to soften them down into the background.

Finally some shadowing, highlights with the portfolios, fude and sharpie and I’m done.
 
Moira

7 comments:

  1. Fab journalling Moira, beautiful colours, lovely ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful background, great spread Moira! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages, love your colours and of course the fab Carabelle image.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous pages Moira. Great colour and love the shabby chic style.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE love love the look of this. Might have to buy that stamp!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeously dreamy and quite exotic x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...