Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Do I Look Like I Care? by Amanda Southern




 

Hi Everyone
 
I have a card for you today using some of the new Dylusions stamps.
 
 

 

Here’s What I Did:-

 


All this has first been created on a piece of mixed media card to allow several different mediums to be used without damaging or warping the paper. Fabulous stuff.


I first applied a gentle misting of water and then applied a small sprinkle of Brusho Crystals, a little goes a long way. As I am impatient I dried it off with a heat gun. I then added detail with contrasting paints through 2 different stencils. On a separate piece of mixed media paper I stamped my images with black Archival ink. I gave the ink a quick blast with the heat gun prior to colouring them in. The image has been coloured with blendable coloured pencils, blending solution and paper stumps. It’s all about layering up the colours with light strokes in order that you can lay and blend different colours together, this part I find extremely therapeutic.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Once I was happy with my images I cut them out. My sentiment was stamped on the same mixed media card and cut out.

 
I then glued my cut outs to my background with 3D gel glue to make him stand off the card.

 
It was then mounted onto navy card and then an 8” x 8” card blank.

 

What I used:-

 
Brusho’s – Prussian Blue & Orange
Adirondack Denim Paint Dabber
Coloured using Polychromos Pencils – Spectrum Noir pencils blend in the same way which I also use
Dylusions Stamps used:- “ How about Never”
                                     “The Fancy Four”
                                     “Legs Eleven” from my stamp stash

 
 
Hope you like it and see you next Tuesday
 
Love
 
Amanda X

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful colouring on the image - the pencil shading does sound very Zen - and I just love what you do with the Brushos - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha brilliant and I must say that background is divine, another triumph!
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool dude, stunning as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Love that background Amanda! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastically grungy and quirky creation Amanda - just love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...