Thursday, 24 September 2015

Collage Portrait with a Twist by Debs Wainwright


Hello everyone, Debs here with a fun little creation. I love this stencil but thought I'd give it a little twist.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

This is what I did.

 

1.    I chose the colours I wanted to use, and starting with the darkest, Night, I dabbed the colour onto the left side of the stencil.
 

2.    I blended the pink into the Night, and then the green up to the pink and blended it slightly.
 

3.    I removed the stencil and dried it with a heat gun.
 
 
 
 

 

4.    Using a black soluble pencil I drew in her eyes and activated the pencil with water to create some shadow. Then added colour to her cheeks.
 

5.    I edged her eyes with black and added colour to her lips. 
 
 
 
 

 

6.    Lastly I added a little hair on her forward. 
 



What I used

 

Dina Wakley Media Line Paints in Night, Magenta and Lime
Black Water Soluble Pencil

 
 
Thanks you for stopping by, Take Care
 
Hugs Debs

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Love that colour combination. It adds real drama to the piece. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab twist Debs and a great idea to show that a stencil can be used different ways
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique with this fab stencil, looks fab!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Debs and really love those colours combined and the image looks very striking.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous. Great colour blends. I love this stencil. I have it but haven't used it yet. Now I will thanks Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful effect. I love that little touch of the curl of hair on her forehead. Wonderful attention to detail x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that's great take on the stencil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - love how you've altered the stencilled image, adding great details.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...