Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Christmas Trees by Alison Hall


PaperArtsy have brought out some wonderful new stamps and paint colours for Christmas 2015, and I have a simple little Christmas card to share with you today. I've used a masterboard, so you could make 3 or 4 of these cards, getting your Christmas card-making off to a flying start.
 
 
 


 

 

Ingredients... 


Fresco Paints - Chalk, Concrete, Moonlight
Tim Holtz Adirondak Alcohol Inks - Aqua, Pool, Sailboat Blue, Silver Metallic Mixative
White Stamping Card

 

Instructions...

 

1. I made a masterboard to begin with. On a piece of white card, I brayered Chalk, Concrete, Moonlight and Limited Edition Professor Plum Fresco paint, then finished off with a little more Moonlight. The trees from Hotpick XM08 were stamped with Limited Edition Captain Peacock Fresco.
 
 
 
 
 

2. I cut a row of trees from my masterboard, then trimmed it to fit across an A6 card. I used blending foam and Professor Plum Fresco to edge it.
 

3. For my backing layer, I dribbled the blue alcohol inks and silver mixative onto a craft mat, added some Blending Solution, then swiped a piece of glossy white card through it. I cut a piece slightly larger than the tree piece, then edged it with Professor Plum Fresco.
 

4. I matted the trees onto the alcohol ink background, adhered it to the A6 kraft card, then added pink gems and a Remnant Rub word to finish.

 

Happy crafting,
 

Alison x

8 comments:

  1. Great card Alison, and I love the masterboard technique for my cards, so quick to achieve great results. The new colours are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Alison and I suppose if you have a lot to make then it's best to start early ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous Alison! Great masterboard and love the colours and shabby effect.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masterboards are a clever way to go especially for bulk Christmas cardmaking.
    Fabulous use of the new paints and stamps, used to such great effect.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab way of batch Xmas card making. Great colour scheme an alternative Xmas.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no Christmas, why is it always sooner than you think, I'm still waiting for summer to kick in. Great look and fab idea for making multiples

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the texture from the brayering, and the masterboard works so well as a Christmas crafting time-saver.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...