Friday, 11 September 2015

Born To Stand Out by Fliss Goodwin


Hi there, I have a rather bright tag to share this week featuring another of my favourite crazy bird stamps which hadn’t been inked up until now but I think he goes so well with that Carabelle Studio quote and hope you do too.




 

Ingredients: 


Archival Jet Black Ink
Jar Lids for circle stamping
Dark Grey Pencil
Orange Twine

 

Recipe:

 

My tag was actually the result of a clean up session after using my Gelli Plate and had the orange PaperArtsy paint remaining together with some smudges of grey and yellow paint. 
 
I first used the Dinky Stencil with the red paint to add a chequerboard pattern to a couple of areas on the tag. This was then followed with stamping done with white gesso and the crisscross wire stamp (you’ll need to clean it immediately afterwards to remove any paint left on the stamp). 

Next, I stamped on circles with black ink and 2 different sizes of jar lid. I then added some partial stamping of the circular dot stamp with the black ink.  

I stamped some of the smaller flower from the Carabelle set on white card with the black ink and cut these out, colouring the flower centres with the Distress marker. 

I stamped my chosen bird on white card twice using the black ink and used the dies to cut out the whole bird and just the wings on the second image. I coloured the beak with the Distress marker.   

Stamp the quote on a scrap of black card with Versamark ink and heat emboss with the white embossing powder. Trim to a panel. 

Assemble the tag as shown, trimming the flowers as necessary and using foam pads to make the bird more dimensional. I used a pencil to colour the circular reinforcement and tied twine through the top.
 
We have another new challenge starting today so don’t forget to check out the Challenge Blog at 8am.

 

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

 

Fliss x

7 comments:

  1. Fab Tag Fliss, I love those flowers and the crazy bird of course. I also love that sentiment. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tag Fliss, that quote works perfectly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combo of crazy birds and Carabelle, love it!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab tag, Fliss. Lovely orange background with great stencil work and yes that cute bird is perfect for sentiment, he is one of my favourite in a set too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect sentiment for this Crazy Bird! Love the background with those sweet flowers peeking in.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...