Thursday, 17 September 2015

Autumn by Debs Wainwright


 
Hello everyone, I'm here today to share a tag I created with Autumn on mind.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Here's what I did

 
1.    Using an #8 tag I sprayed it with several colours of Distress sprays and spritz and flicked – a Tim Holtz technique over the tag.
 
2.    While it was still damp, I stamped some writing here and there with a Distress ink. This slightly bled, which I was looking for.
 
3.    Then using a butterfly stencil and more Distress ink I finished my background.
 
4.    I die cut some elements and covered the hexagons with coloured foil. I wasn't sure yet what I would use, so cut more than I needed.
 
 
 
 
 


 
5.    I completed my elements and arranged them on the tag.
 
 
 
 

 
6.    Once I was happy with the composition I found a stem of bead flowers and a leaf which I bound with some rusty wire.  

7.    Lastly using a alphabet stamp and black ink I stamped my sentiment.

 

What I used 

#8 Manila Tag - Ranger
Distress Spray - Ranger 
Distress Ink - Ranger
Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Mixed Media by Tim Holtz for Sizzix
Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Scribbles & Splat by Tim Holtz for Sizzix
Gilding Flakes 
Black Media Fluid - DecoArt 
Butterfly Stencil 
Leaf and Flower
Rusty Wire
String
Letter stamps from Emma Godfrey EEG02
 
 

I'm looking forward to all the trees turning colour.  

Take care hugs Debs xx

6 comments:

  1. Love this - the gilded hexagons look fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tag Debs....you've inspired me to start creating on my pile of background tags!
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And very beautifully autumnal indeed, great tag!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fab Debs and so rich in beautiful Autumnal detail.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...