Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Art Is Good by Alison Hall


Hello Everyone!

I have a bright trio of ATCs to share with you this week.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Here's what I used... 


Dina Wakley Media Acrylic Paint - Lime, Turquoise, Magenta, Night
Dina Wakley Media White Gesso
That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Arrows Background
Carabelle Studios Stamp Sets - Birgit Koopsen - Bloom, Layered Strips
Prima Finnabair Stamp Set - Now is the Right Time
White Card
Sizzix Tim Holtz Die - Tattered Lace
3 Teal Buttons, 2 silver eyelets, silver chain, 2 silver jump rings

 

Instructions...

 

1. To prep the 3 greyboard ATCs, I used a palette knife to apply some white gesso. Next I used the palette knife to roughly apply some Lime paint, then some turquoise. I left some of the gesso showing through in places. 
 

2. Dina's paint is heavy body, so it's fab to add some texture through a stencil. I used Magenta with the That's Crafty! Arrows Background, to add a nice contrast with the blue and green. 
 

3. I then stamped parts of Birgit's Layered Strips onto the ATCs with Teal Blue Stazon.
 

4. I used the Teal Blue Stazon to stamp the Finnabair phrases and Birgit's small bloom onto white card, cut them out, and used blending foam to ink the edges. 
 

5. I adhered the blooms and words with Glossy Accents, and added a teal button to each bloom. Then I used a paint brush to add splatters of watered down Dina Wakley Night paint, and sponged some Night around the edges of my ATCs.
 
 
 
 


 
6. I used a craft knife and cutting mat to cut the That's Crafty! Grey/Whiteboard down to 21 x 11 cm, as a base for my ATCs. I painted the front, back and edges with Night, then punched two holes with the Cropadile, and added two silver eyelets, jump rings and a length of chain. 
 

7. I adhered the ATCs to the board. To finish I added a piece of Tim Holtz Tattered Lace, die cut from white card, and stamped with Birgit's Layered Strips and Teal Blue Stazon.

 

This is going to be hung up in my craft room, to inspire me when I'm procrastinating!

 

Have a creative day,

Alison x

11 comments:

  1. I love this! Gorgeous colours and texture xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely colours and what a great idea to turn them into a wall hanging! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab trio, bet this looks great in your craft room
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - they are fabulous! Love how you've created the plaque to display them.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful zesty brightness on this grey day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just what a needed to cheer my day. I love how you've presented them too. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous artwork Alison, bright is good on a really dull day too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bloomin' Brilliant LOL
    Stunning backgrounds, so much interest and texture.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Alison, full of lovely colours, the backgrounds look amazing and the flowers pop nicely too. I also love the sentiment which is so true xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous Alison. So bright and grungy in detail and they look fab on your wall hanging panel - a really great idea!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...