Monday, 14 September 2015

A Little Blue Bluebird by Moira Sutton



 
 

A Board Frame 8 x 8 inches
DecoArt Media Acrylics – Burnt Sienna, English Red Oxide, Raw Sienna, Ultramarine, White and Cerulean Blue
Text
Pitt Big Brush Pens – Black and Brown
Crafty Individuals Music Background Stamp
Twigs from the garden

 

I started by applying text paper from an old dictionary to my frame using matte medium.
 
 
 
 
It won’t show but I used the pages with Bird, Wing, Fly and Soar on them so I know they are there. 

I then added the Burnt Sienna, English Red Oxide and Raw Sienna paints blending as I went while the paint was wet.  
 
 
 
 

I drew around the inner edge of the stencil onto blank paper in order to create a mask.
 
 
 
 

I placed the mask on my board and painted with the Cerulean Blue mixed with the white to ensure a good opaque finish.

Next I mixed the Ultramarine Blue with the Modelling Paste and spread through the stencil.
 
 
 
 

When it was all dry I added some shading inside the frame with a black Pitt Brush Pen which can be blended with a damp finger or brush when first applied but then dries permanent. I also used the brown pen to ink and stamp the Crafty Individuals Music Stamp randomly in the background. Next I painted my sticks with the Cerulean Blue mixed with white and adhered them to the frame with Glossy Accents along with an unpainted stick for the bird to perch on. Beware, sticks from the garden are wiggly and not neat and straight and can be a beast to glue down, as lsong as they are secure in the centre it will be fine.
  
Moira

6 comments:

  1. Your bluebird is precious and the blue twigs make a perfect accent on this lovely piece!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful make Moira, love the electric blue birdie ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue birdie
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the speckly bird Debs and the colour combo is fab.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sweet blue bird against the neturals and such clever use of the stencil.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...