Saturday, 12 September 2015

A Brush with Brushos by Donna Gray


Hello everyone, 

Donna here today with a card using Brushos’ for the background.  

Now, I must admit I first struggled using these when I got them a while back as I got in such a mess with them until I punched a hole in the lids! In fact that’s how I first got to know my lovely teamie Amanda as I kept pestering her for advice on how to use them!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Here’s What I Did:

 

Use Strathmore Mixed Media paper for this as you will be spritzing the paper with water so you need something that will stand up to it.
 
Place your stencil on the paper and then using masking fluid, dab through the stencil using a sponge, don’t saturate it, just enough for the masking fluid to adhere to the paper. 
 
Once the masking fluid is dry, spritz water lightly on the paper, sprinkle your chosen colour of Brusho and then dab any excess with a paper towel.
 
Make sure it’s dry, then carefully remove the masking fluid and you should have the imprint of the stencil….cool huh?!  
 
For my next step, I took the Dina Wakley hearts stencil and mixing some DecoArt White Crackle paint with some red Fresco paint I achieved a rather funky pink shade, then applied this through the stencil using a palette knife. 
 
Put to one side to air dry, it crackles better that way.  
 
While you’re waiting for that to dry, take one of the butterflies from the Prima, Finnabair stamp set and stamp on white card, colour with Promarkers and once your stencilled heart is dry, adhere to the front. 
 
Mount your finished creation onto your card and finish off with a Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker…..a good way to use Brushos!
 
 
 

Supplies Used: 

 

Dylusions Stencil (or any alphabet stencil)
 
 
Hope you like it
 
 
Donna x

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous Donna love that background and your butterfly is gorgeous hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab way to use Brushos Donna, your card is amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so pretty Donna, a beautiful card.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab, I love playing with brushos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Donna! Love your background technique with Brusho and masking fluid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that is one stunning background! And I love how the butterfly is perched on the brick heart.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just fabulous Donna! Amazing use of Brushos and the texture is gorgeous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...