I'm so ashamed, I've had the Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds for ages, and this is the first time they've seen ink! Anyway, I teamed them with some Fresco Paint, and made this little card.
Here's what I used...
Dina Wakley Media Stamp Sets - Scribbly Birds, Primitive Icons, Textures
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint - Chalk, Concrete, Moonlight, Spanish Mulberry, Mermaid
Old Book Page
6x6 inch White Card Blank
Old Store Card
1. I cut a piece of white card 5.5 inches square, then used the brayer to apply the Chalk, Concrete, Moonlight and Spanish Mulberry Fresco paints. I finished with a little Chalk paint to tone the Spanish Mulberry down.
2. I applied Mermaid Fresco paint to the 3 leaves image from Primitive Icons, using Cut-N-Dry Foam, then stamped it all over the background. I stamped some of the script with Spanish Mulberry in a few places too.
3. I stamped one tree with Mermaid in the bottom right-hand corner, then over-stamped the tree with black Archival ink. I stamped a couple more trees at the bottom, then one in the top left-hand corner.
4. I lightly sponged a piece of old book page with Chalk Fresco, stamped the bird and the phrase with black Archival, then cut them out. I glued everything in place, using Glue 'N Seal, then sponged the bird with a little Mermaid Fresco. I grounded the bird, by using an old store card & black Archival ink to add some lines underneath it.
5. To finish, I edged my art with black ink, and attached it to a 6x6 inch white card blank.
Have a creative day!