Wednesday, 2 September 2015

A Bird's Song by Alison Hall







I'm so ashamed, I've had the Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds for ages, and this is the first time they've seen ink! Anyway, I teamed them with some Fresco Paint, and made this little card.


Here's what I used...


Dina Wakley Media Stamp Sets - Scribbly Birds, Primitive Icons, Textures
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint - Chalk, Concrete, Moonlight, Spanish Mulberry, Mermaid
Old Book Page
6x6 inch White Card Blank
Old Store Card



Instructions...



1. I cut a piece of white card 5.5 inches square, then used the brayer to apply the Chalk, Concrete, Moonlight and Spanish Mulberry Fresco paints. I finished with a little Chalk paint to tone the Spanish Mulberry down.


2. I applied Mermaid Fresco paint to the 3 leaves image from Primitive Icons, using Cut-N-Dry Foam, then stamped it all over the background. I stamped some of the script with Spanish Mulberry in a few places too. 


3. I stamped one tree with Mermaid in the bottom right-hand corner, then over-stamped the tree with black Archival ink. I stamped a couple more trees at the bottom, then one in the top left-hand corner.


4. I lightly sponged a piece of old book page with Chalk Fresco, stamped the bird and the phrase with black Archival, then cut them out. I glued everything in place, using Glue 'N Seal, then sponged the bird with a little Mermaid Fresco. I grounded the bird, by using an old store card & black Archival ink to add some lines underneath it.


5. To finish, I edged my art with black ink, and attached it to a 6x6 inch white card blank.



Have a creative day!


Alison x

9 comments:

  1. Wow looks fantastic Alison. love the subtle colours. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the bird (of course!) and the soft colours are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Alison, I must admit I've far too many stamps that haven't seen ink!! You are not alone.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, I never tire of seeing those birds

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely, delicate card... and yes, I'm in the uninked stamps club too (in fact I'm in the Scribbly Birds uninked subsection!).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card and what a lovely sentiment to go with the sweet little songbird! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Alison, such lovely colours and texture and my favourite scribbly bird.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...