Monday, 31 August 2015

The Greatest Pleasure in Life by Moira Sutton



 
 
 
Dylusions Further Around the Edge Stamp Set
That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencils – Teardrop Ovals, Bubbles Background and Punchinella Background
“ Greatest Pleasure” Stamp by Donna Downey
Artist Pitt Pen – Black

 

This started life as a Gelli print that just didn’t work so it became a wiping up sheet for smooshing left overs onto and over time I grew to really like it.  

So I glued it into my journal and awaited inspiriation which arrived in the form of the iStencil stencil which I coloured using black paint.

I tidied up any rough edges and added more hair using the Artist Pitt Pen.

Next I stamped the Dylusions stamp across the bottom and again tidies with the Fude pen, it is quite tricky to stamp on the left hand side of your journal  as it has less support.

Next I started to mess around with That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencils and paint and DecoArt Modelling Paste – I don’t seem to be able to make anything without this stuff these days I luuurrrve it. To add a bit more texture I added random stamping using paint caps  and credit card.
 
 
 

Finally I came to add the quote stamp. I decided against stamping directly onto the page as there was some texture form the page originally and I was not sure it would stamp clean so instead I stamped onto spare paper cut up and stuck on with Matte Medium and a little final doodling.
 
Moira

7 comments:

  1. Wow great page in your art journal I love your beautiful background and your great stamp, I especially love the words you have used!!! Great ART!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous Moira, I love backgrounds that at first appear rubbish but as you use them take on a life of their own and demand to used. Yours is fantastic, and the feature and sentiment are great too. Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Moira, the most fabulous pages. I nearly used a piece for tomorrow using this stencil but changed my mind at the last minute. Great minds and all that!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Moira! Love that fabulous stencil and your beautiful background! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moira, She has some serious attitude!
    Brilliantly bold.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fantastic pages - wow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Playing catch up Moira and your pages are so bright and funky - love them!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...