Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Stand Out by Amanda Southern


 
 
 
 
 
Hi everyone, todays card uses up some gelli print scraps and some print pulls that I just didn’t like as a full page, but these rejected prints can work really well is you use them in smaller pieces.
 
 

 

Here’s what I did:-

 

 
I collected up from my stash some failed gelli prints and  gelli scraps that coordinated in colour and stamped my image 16 times across the pieces. I then, using a square punch punched out just the face of the image. Once I had my collection of faces I arranged them into a square in a pattern I liked (this part probably took the longest). Once happy with my square I glued the punched images onto a piece of card, using a ruler to get them straight.
 
 
When all were applied I trimmed off the excess card ensuring my finished image was square, I coloured  3 of the images to match my sentiment.
 
 
Also from the gelli prints scraps I die cut my sentiment.
 
 
I then put them on an 8 x 8 card blank.
 
 
 

What I used:-

 
Gelli Print Scraps
Square Punch
Tim Holtz Tall Letters Die
Paper Trimmer
8 x 8 Card Blank
 
 
 
See you next Tuesday
 
 
Love
 
Amanda

12 comments:

  1. Love your Perrella-gone-Warhol. Brilliant! Failed gelli prints really are the most useful things ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super looking card.
    I love that stamp, weirdly I've used it on a couple bits I did for this DT using some mono print off cuts - great minds think alike, ay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab pop art and a great way to use those piles from a mad Gelli print session too ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, very special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need a square punch. Where would I find one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny I see from FB you are in the U.S. I am sure most craft shops or online retailers there will sell them, they come in different sizes, you could do the same eith a square die just more time consuming.
      Love
      Amanda x

      Delete
  6. Just fabulous Amanda and really outstanding!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful use of those gelli prints.
    This turned out beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration.
    I keep making monoprints and really need to start using some of them :-)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the repeated image - so powerful and a great way to use those gelli prints.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...