Hello Crafters! I tried a little experiment this week, using dishwasher salt on wet Gelatos. I was happy with the outcome, although it was quite subtle.
Here's what I used...
Faber-Castell Gelatos - Various Blues & Greens
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint - Snowflake, London BusRanger Artist Brush Set
Square White Card BlankHeat Gun, Scissors, Brayer, Double-Sided Tape & 3D Adhesive Foam
1. I started by scribbling the blue & green Gelatos randomly, on a sheet of the Strathmore Mixed Media Paper. Then I spritzed the sheet with water, & used a paint brush to blend the colours. I sprinkled on some dishwasher salt, then left it overnight to react & dry. When it was mostly dry, I speeded things up with a heat gun, then brushed away the salt.
2. I trimmed my background to a square, then using the brayer to apply Snowflake Fresco paint to one of Azoline's flower stamps, I stamped a few flowers.
3. I stamped Birgit's leaf sprig around the edges, and her quote offset to the right, with black Archival ink, then stamped a few more loose leaves on a piece of my left-over background. I cut these out, and used 3D foam to adhere them.
4. I used the end of a paint brush to add dots of London Bus Fresco paint to the dots on some of the leaves.
5. To finish, I mounted my artwork onto red card, then black, then onto a square white card blank.
I hope you like my little experiment!
Have a creative day,