Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Ride My Rainbow by Alison Hall


Hello Crafters! I tried a little experiment this week, using dishwasher salt on wet Gelatos. I was happy with the outcome, although it was quite subtle. 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

Here's what I used... 


Faber-Castell Gelatos - Various Blues & Greens
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint - Snowflake, London Bus
Ranger Artist Brush Set
Dishwasher Salt
Square White Card Blank
Heat Gun, Scissors, Brayer, Double-Sided Tape & 3D Adhesive Foam

 
 

Instructions...

 

1. I started by scribbling the blue & green Gelatos randomly, on a sheet of the Strathmore Mixed Media Paper. Then I spritzed the sheet with water, & used a paint brush to blend the colours. I sprinkled on some dishwasher salt, then left it overnight to react & dry. When it was mostly dry, I speeded things up with a heat gun, then brushed away the salt.
 
 
 
 

 
2. I trimmed my background to a square, then using the brayer to apply Snowflake Fresco paint to one of Azoline's flower stamps, I stamped a few flowers. 

 
3. I stamped Birgit's leaf sprig around the edges, and her quote offset to the right, with black Archival ink, then stamped a few more loose leaves on a piece of my left-over background. I cut these out, and used 3D foam to adhere them.

 
4. I used the end of a paint brush to add dots of London Bus Fresco paint to the dots on some of the leaves.
 

5. To finish, I mounted my artwork onto red card, then black, then onto a square white card blank.

 

I hope you like my little experiment!
 

Have a creative day,
 

Alison x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Alison and great experiment. you inspired me to try this technique. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeously colourful Alison and what a fab technique too, so very effective.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique and great looking project

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Alison you've used one of my favourite Carabelle stamps.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison, this is a gorgeous card which is not only artful, it is also very beautiful.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly DID get great results with that interesting technique Alison!
    Your card turned out beautifully in every detail.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful, Alison. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's a gorgeous result from your experiment - not as full on as rock salt, but so pretty. Love the pop of the red against those summery blue greens.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...