Friday, 14 August 2015

Positivity by Fliss Goodwin


Hi there, this week I have a bright and jazzy journal page to share where Dina Wakley meets Finnabair to send a positive and encouraging message which I have to admit to being in need of at the moment! Don’t know about you but I do find creating in my journal therapeutic sometimes.






 

Ingredients: 


Distress Inks – Fossilized Amber, Squeezed Lemonade, Crushed Olive, Cracked Pistachio
Faber Castell Gelatos – Greens, Neutrals

 

Recipe:

 

I’ve used my A5 size journal as I find this less daunting than a larger one and it’s also much quicker to complete a page too. I first stamped the room for growth image on the right side of the page just down from the centre using the black Archival ink. 
 

I then painted the image with the Gelato colours. I used Peach for the skin, Pistachio and Green Tea on the clothing and Chocolate and Butterscotch on her hair. I then coloured her lips and added a little shading with a coloured pencil.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Next I used the Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink followed by Crushed Olive then Cracked Pistachio, applying the colours with sponge applicators and blending them in together at the edges. You’ll find that they blend in very well with the Gelato colours too as I decided against masking the image.
 
 
I then stamped on the butterflies and the text from the Finnabair set on the page with the black ink. I stamped the dotty texture image from the Dina Wakley set with the Pistachio ink, followed by the larger circular dot stamp and smaller circular stripe stamp from Finnabair set with the Amber ink randomly on the page until I was happy with the effect.
 
 
As a finishing touch, I added some colour to the butterflies with the Lime Green Gelato.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Today’s the day we have a new challenge for you over at That’s Crafty Challenge Blog so don’t forget to check it out at 8am for some fabulous inspiration from the Design Team.
 
 
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 
 
Fliss x

4 comments:

  1. Dina and Finnabair - a wonderful combination! I love the fresh greens and yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page Fliss and I love that colour combo, very calming ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great combination of Finnabair & Dina, and beautiful colours Fliss! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sunshine colours, and great stamp choices - fab page.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...