Monday, 24 August 2015

Poppy Mirror by Moira Sutton








Mirror
DecoArt Media Acrylic Paints – Cobalt Teal, Cobalt Turquoise, Diarylide Yellow, Quinacridone Magenta, Viridian Green Hue



I started with one of those square mirrors from a well known Swedish interiors store, it measures about 10 x 10 inches, but the wide border means there is lots of space for painting. 








I added a layer of gesso then DecoArt Media Acrylic Paints in Cobalt Teal, Cobalt Turquoise, and Diarylide Yellow mixing them with gesso as I went. 
  







When dry I mixed DecoArt Modelling Paste with Quinacridone Magenta and spread the coloured paste over the Poppy part of the stencil over my mirror, moving the stencil round to get my poppies where I wanted them. Next I mixed DecoArt Modelling Paste with Viridian Green Hue and added the stalks to the poppies.

When the poppies were dry it may well, if you are a messy crafter like me, look a mess and need tidying up 





  

also at this stage I went over them with Quinacridne Red and Pyrole Red Yellow to get multiple shades in the poppy leaves.


Next I  used my Pitt Big Brush Pens to define the flowers and stems and add grey shading under the petals. A final touch was to outline my poppies with the Fude Pen to make them pop. 






Moira

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Moira, those colours are gorgeous and the poppies are so striking. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation Moira, looks fab with those striking poppies!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you chose Moira, a fab makeover x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful Moira. Such lovely bold colours and love those poppies.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a stunning piece Moira!!!!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...