Friday, 28 August 2015

Freedom by Fliss Goodwin






Hi there, I have a mixed media art panel to share this week that you might need sunglasses for as it’s rather bright. I felt we needed something cheery as the weather here in the UK has been dull, wet and windy!


Ingredients:


Archival Ink – Jet Black, Cobalt
DecoArt Fluid Acrylic Paints – Pyrrole Red, Hansa Yellow Medium, Cobalt Teal Hue, Cobalt Blue Hue, Yellow Green Light
Scraps of Gelli Prints in shades of red and blue
Drinking Straw
Baby Wipes



Recipe:


The first thing I did was to apply texture by using Grunge Paste with the harlequin stencil to my substrate which in my case was an A4 white/grey board panel which is new to That’s Crafty! and perfect for mixed media techniques. My paste had actually gone a bit thick but it was still possible to apply it with an old store card. It also dried quite quickly too.

Next you’ll need to paint the panel. I applied all the colours of paint, starting with the yellow, using a baby wipe for each colour and adding it randomly until the panel is roughly covered. I left some white in the areas where the texture paste had been applied for a grungy look.

The next step was a bit of serendipity as I had squeezed the paint on to a plate as it’s easier to pick it up with a baby wipe. I used a baby wipe to clean the top of the paint bottle and noticed a circle had appeared on the wipe. Inspiration struck and I used a drinking straw to add circles randomly on the panel using the leftover red and deep blue paints. When this dried, I stamped on some more circles with one of the small images from the stamp set and cobalt ink.

I then stamped some butterflies in various sizes on my Gelli Print scraps. The number is something you’ll have to judge for yourself but as you can see, I have quite a lot! I cut these out and glued them to the panel as you see in the main photo.






For the text, I stamped all the text images from the set on black card with the VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with the white embossing powder. I did end up with a few specks of white but I felt this added to the grungy effect. If you don’t want that, you’ll need to use an anti static bag on the card before stamping.

I cut the text panels up and added them to the panel to finish. I really like the white on black which reminds me of Dymo tape.


I can’t believe how quickly time has flown as we have a new challenge starting today over at That’s Crafty! Challenge Blog so don’t forget to check it out at 8am as lucky entrants have a chance to win a £20 voucher for the online shop.


Have a great weekend.


Fliss x

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful make, Fliss, love the colors and texture

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Fliss beautiful summery colours to lift the spirits in these darker days of rain. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Fliss, such beautiful colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fresh and full of sunshine just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fresh and full of sunshine just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - I'm in love..... this is just totally YUMMINESS for me... the colors are SPECTACULAR.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I could just lay down in the middle of your creation Fliss and live there forever. j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully brightly coloured,fab make Fliss
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous riot of colour, those are certainly happy butterflies!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab butterflies against that wonderful rainbow layered background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...