Tuesday, 18 August 2015

Every Angel……….. by Amanda Southern



Hi everyone, I have a card for you today made using the fabulous stamp set “The Presenters” by Brett Weldele.



Isn’t she fabulous?




Here’s what I did:-



I started with a piece of mixed media card and stamped the main fabulous image with black Archival ink. I then masked the image off with masking gum. Next was to add the Brusho crystals, I lightly misted the card with water only where I wanted the colour to be and then lightly sprinkled on some of the Brusho colours grey and black. I picked up any excess water with the edges of kitchen paper as I didn’t want full coverage. I then dried with a heat gun to stop the colours spreading around too much. Once I was happy that it was all completely dry I brushed off any loose remaining crystals, especially any that might be on the masking gum to ensure that rubbing off the gum didn’t transfer any rogue colour to my image. I also flicked on some bleach with a paintbrush to remove splashes of the Brusho. 


So with the gum rubbed off I then coloured my image using a selection of Distress inks and a water brush. To colour with Distress inks, pat some of the colour onto your craft mat or other non porous surface and pick the colour up with your brush from that, don’t do it straight from the ink pad. Once happy with my colouring I set about making the wings. In this set the wings come as separate stamps which allows you to use her with or without wings, on this occasion I wanted to include the wings. I wanted the wings to have some dimension and movement to them and for me the best product is to use Clearly for Art modelling film. I covered a piece of the modelling film with patterned tissue paper but you can stamp directly onto the film with permanent ink. I applied the tissue paper with matte medium and when dry, stamped on the wings and cut them out. Heating the film with a heat gun makes the film mouldable so just shape into what you want, if you get it wrong you can just heat it again and start over until you are happy. Hopefully you can see the dimension and movement I achieved in this photo.







You can also see how I added the wings. I cut a couple of slits on her shoulders and just tucked them behind, there is also a little glue at the top of the wings. 


Finally I stamped the sentiment and mounted the card onto black card and then onto an 8 x 8 Kraft card blank.



Items used:-


Brusho Crystals – Black & Grey
Distress Inks – Fossilized Amber, Brushed Corduroy, Tea Dye, Hickory Smoke, Aged Mahogany & Black Soot
Bleach
Kraft Card Blanks



See you all next Tuesday


Love


Amanda X

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful brusho effect and fan wings great piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so interesting... lovely card! j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so interesting... lovely card! j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda - your makes are fabulous!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, this is amazing ... she looks to be so sassy!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous Amanda. So lovely and grungy in style and love how you did her wings.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect example of steampunk grunge, fab card as always of course ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dimensional wings, the colours, the splatter - fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...