Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Doodle Flowers by Alison Hall




 


Hello crafters! This week I got out my neglected alcohol inks to make a simple background for some wonderful new Carabelle Studio stamps by Azoline.

 

Ingredients... 


Carabelle Studio Stamp Sets - Cadres et Fleurs par Azoline, Frises Delirantes par Azoline, Leafs by Birgit Koopsen
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink - Pool, Citrus
Detail Embossing Powder - White
Sakura Pigma Micron Pen - Black - 0.45mm 
Heat Gun

 

Instructions...

 

1. I used the Alcohol Ink Applicator to apply Pool ink first in downward stripes on the cardstock, then I made some stripes across these, leaving gaps between. I then filled in the gaps with stripes of Citrus ink, to get a plaid look background. I trimmed this to fit my card blank.
 

2. I used Versamark Ink to stamp the Carabelle flowers and 'stems', then applied detail white embossing powder, using a heat gun to melt the powder.

 
3. I stamped the Birgit Koopsen phrase in black Archival ink, then partially stamped just the crosses from it to the top left, above the flowers. I added some detail to the embossed flowers with a fine black pen, inked the edges of my art with black, and attached it to the white card blank.

 

Until next week,

 

Alison x

6 comments:

  1. Fab background for the flowers, love it!! I can't remember the last time I played with alcohol inks, you've inspired me to blow the dust off them.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous freshness to this design and I especially like those white flowers, perfect choice to work with white x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this one Alison, really striking piece of artwork. My alcohol inks have dust on them I think!
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Alison and such a striking background to the lovely white embossing too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super background and the white embossing makes such a strong statement too.
    Lovely card!!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great alcohol plaid - and the white flowers look fab against it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...