Saturday, 8 August 2015

Don't Be Afraid by Donna Gray


Hello everyone,


Donna here today using something that is new to me, a Lynne Perrella stamp. I was always a little wary of these lovely stamps before, simply because I thought of all the intricate colouring in that was needed but you really don’t need to worry about that to get a great effect with these designs.







Here’s What I Did:


I took a sheet of Strathmore Mixed Media paper and applied 3 colours of Dylusions paints (green,blue and brown) and then randomly blended in using a moist wet wipe until I was happy with the blended colour. Then a quick spritz of a DecoArt Mixed Media Mister in a nice, bright colour.


Then I took the Tim Holtz Wildflower stencil (my current fav) and applied Fresco Snowflake through the stencil.


Taking my chosen Lynne Perrella stamp I stamped in black Archival.


Then I used a foliage Crafters Workshop stencil and again stencilled using the Fresco paint.


Then I used some of the rather lovely Crafters Companion Texture stamps on the background along with a Prima Messy writing stamp.


For the finishing touches, I doodled with a black Sharpie pen and a white Signo pen to provide some contrast. Added a little pink Gelato to brighten up her cheeks too!



Supplies Used: 


White Signo Pen

  

Hope you like it


Donna x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful journal page, Donna. Dylusion paints colors so lovely here...and unique way to use that Lynne Perrella stamp. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous first outing with LP stamps, love the grungy feel this has and fabulous colour blending. Love it.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, love how you have taken back the focal image with the use of the leaves... Clever and different use of the stamp! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing Donna love your colour choices and for the first Ink up of LP stamps you have used it fantastically. Love it hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic background Donna, love all the stamping & stencilling! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. COOL effects Donna - love the piece you made here.. great what you did with the Lynne Perrella motif! Super!

    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Donna, such a lovely background and just love the green.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wild and wonderful page!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...