Friday, 21 August 2015

Crazy Together by Fliss Goodwin


Hi there, this week I’ve been playing with my Brushos again and the result was a riot of colour so I decided to combine the background with my treasured Bird Crazy stamps and my newly acquired dies that match them. Read on to find out how I got on with them.
 
 
 
 

 

Ingredients: 


Brusho Crystals – Yellow, Gamboge, Orange, Rose Red, Turquoise, Cobalt Blue
Mixed Media Paper
White Square Card Blank
Scraps of Painted Paper in shades of Yellow and Orange
 
 
 

Recipe:

 

First make the background paper. Cut a piece to fit your chosen card blank and sprinkle the Brusho Crystals on in a random manner. Mist gently with water to spread the colour. I actually ended up with too much water in the centre so I dried off around the edges with my heat gun, working towards the centre then carefully blotted the excess water with a paper towel. As you can see below, I ended up with pleasing speckled areas in places. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I then stamped on the dotty circle design from the Wired set with VersaMark ink and heat embossed the images with the white detail powder. I stamped the barbed wire roughly round the circles with the black ink. 
 
Now for the birds, which I made by stamping my chosen 2 on scraps of yellow and orange painted paper with black ink. I then used the very clever die set to cut them out. I stamped the eyes and beak of each one together with the tiny wing on the chubby bird on white paper and die cut these too. I coloured the beaks and wing with pencils. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
You can see from the photos just how clever these dies are as you can see exactly where to place the die and it cuts the image out beautifully. The eyes are fab too as you can add them with foam pads to really make them pop! 
 
To assemble the card, I attached the background paper to the card blank and added the birds, using tiny foam pads for the eyes. I cut my chosen text in 2 before adding to the card to finish.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

 
Fliss x
 

8 comments:

  1. Super cute, love the background and crazy birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I do love this Fliss the colours look gorgeous and a perfect background for those pesky birds. Hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply wonderful Fliss! Love those birdies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crazies look fab on your background,
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to get these birds and dies, you are driving me nuts with all this creativeness with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fliss, this is just the greatest of fun!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning rainbow background, and the crazy birds look suitably stunned by it!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...