Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Big Dreams by Alison Hall


I was playing with Brusho Crystals and the new That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils recently, and making backgrounds with my favourite colours. I cut one such background up to make this card.







Here's what I used...


Brusho Crystal Colour - Purple, Turquoise, Ultramarine
Ball Chain



Here's what I did...



1. To make the background, I sprinkled the Brusho Crystals onto a sheet of stamping card, laid about 12 of the Dinky Stencils all over it, then spritzed with water. I removed the stencils, then dried the ink with a heat gun.






2. I cut my background into four, then stamped the main image, bricks and words onto one piece. I stamped some butterflies, one large & three small, onto another piece of background, cut them out, applied Glossy Accents just to the bodies, and glued them in place. 


3. I mixed a tiny amount of purple Brusho Crystals with water, then used a water brush to colour in the words. I also used the brush to flick some watery purple inky spots onto the card.


4. To finish, I inked the edges of my artwork with the black ink pad, adhered it to a white card blank, then used Glossy Accents to attach the metal embellishments to the butterflies and the woman's hair. As the butterfly wings were not glued down, I lifted them off the card slightly, for a bit of dimension.


Hope you have a crafty day,



Alison x

13 comments:

  1. Fab card Alison! Love the Brusho background and the colours are beautiful.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks fabulous mate, love how you have used the stencils and brushos. Really like this ALOT XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks brilliant!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Ein richtiges Kunstwerk ist das. Super!

    Liebe Grüße von Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Alison. Such lovely colours and you're definitely the masterboard queen at the moment!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. I love everything about it. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Alison!!!
    Those colors always speak to me.
    Love the free flowing design you created.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours are so pretty - and I love the dimension and movement on the butterflies' wings.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful. I love the depth of colour and the composition. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Brushos work an absolute treat with this stamp. Fabulous!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...