Saturday, 11 July 2015

Watch The Birdie by Donna Gray


Hello everyone,

Donna here today with Tim’s most popular stamps ever it seems! I thought I’d use my Distress ink pads for individual colouring this time rather then just backgrounds like I normally do.




 
 
 
 

Here’s What I Did:

 
 
I used a sheet of Strathmore mixed media paper as I knew I would be working with wet media and this stuff is just brilliant.
 
 
I stamped all images directly onto the paper with black Archival ink and then set about colouring in.
 
 
My way of doing this was to dab a little of the Distress ink from a pad of my chosen colour onto the craft mat and then spritz with a little water. If I needed it further diluted I used my water brush (if you’ve not got one, it’s a must).
 
 
Just play around until you have the depth of colours you want. It's another way of making those fab Distress ink pads work harder for you and if you want a watercolour effect it's probably easier then using watercolours…..well in my case it was!
 
 
When I’d finished colouring, I used a stencil for the word funky, added a little Stickles to the main star and added a Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker sentiment.
 
 
Mount onto black card, then your white card and its all done….very quirky but hey that’s just me.
 
 

Supplies Used: 

 

Tim Holtz Spritzer Bottle (best spray bottle ever)
Tree Stamp
 
 
 
Hope you like it
 
 
Donna x

9 comments:

  1. Lol hehe love this card, very funky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy birds tastic! Great fun card!! As always
    Big hugs
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABEROONY - I just love those birds myself! Gr8 colours you chose too. Not tried the mixed media paper (next purchase perhaps?) I use an old Cillit Bang spray bottle for my spritzer - it's not half bad either!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those birds have such expressive faces LOL. A fun and funky card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a groovy card Donna, love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card Donna, those birds are just so cool aren't they.
    Big Hugs, Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Donna.. this is soo cool! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just fabulous Donna. Such a lovely colourful creation and love the design idea.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehhehe - totally LOVE this Donna. So fun. You did FABULOUS coloring it in that way. Wow. j.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...